All you need to know – Heel & Toe
Heel & Toe Hydrotherapy Centre, Gairloch Drive, Perkinsville, Durham, DH2 1JA
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Heel & Toe – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Heel & Toe
Parking: Free on street parking outside the pool building.
- We're so lucky to be able to offer classes from the toasty hydro waters at Heel & Toe in Chester le Street
- The doors at this venue are all locked, including the internal doors in the reception area. Please wait for your Poolside Assistant to let you in and out of the building. Please do not push or force the doors.
- Spectators are allowed to sit poolside, please only bring one spectator to each class
- Please ensure that you take your nappies home with you for disposal.
- No food or drink is permitted on the poolside or anywhere in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- WARNING: Please don’t use the pool's beds or benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to change your baby at floor level
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Please try to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents. This is particularly important if you attend the last class of a Puddle Ducks session as the pool is very well utilised and turnover is tight before the next session.
If you need any assistance at all, our poolside assistant is there to help you and your child so please don’t hesitate to ask.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
- Pool temperature: 32°C Warm hydro temperature so no need for a baby warmer
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant to assist you
- Depth: 1.3m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties , Splashers and Kickers)
- 7 children / adult pairs : 1 teacher (Little Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Chester le Street Riverside Park and splash pad is close by.
Cafe Neena's is a good option nearby. The address is 19 Church Chare, Chester le Street, DH3 3PZ