All you need to know – Keelmans Way School
Campbell Park Road, Hebburn, NE31 1QY
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Keelmans Way School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Keelmans Way School
Parking: Free parking on the school site. Please keep hold of your child’s hand and cross the car park at the marked crossings only.
- If you are using satellite navigation, it can take you Bedewell Infant School. Please drive back onto Campbell Park Road and take the previous exit on the same side of the road (signposted ‘Centre for Early Excellence’). You will see the new school building on the right
- When you get to the school, please use the pupil's entrance on the side of the building and not the main doors as these are locked on a weekend.
- Spectators are allowed to sit poolside at this venue but must wear blue shoe covers, indoor shoes or remove their shoes. Blue shoe covers are provided at the entrance to the pool hall
- Please ensure that you use the nappy bins provided in some of the changing areas for disposal of nappies, or take your nappy home with you
- No food or drink (except water) is permitted anywhere in the school building, including the entrance hall, poolside or in changing rooms. Please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- No pushchairs are allowed poolside, these must be left in the carpeted area in the entrance hall
- WARNING: Please don’t use the school’s beds or benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to change your baby at floor level
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are 2 large separate communal changing rooms for male and female carers.
Our classes are busy and the changing area has limited space so please be courteous to other parents and don’t leave your belongings on seats or changing tables when you are in the pool
Please try to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents
If you need any assistance at all, our poolside assistant is there to help you and your child so please don’t hesitate to ask.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: When you get to the school, please use the main entrance – the caretaker or our poolside assistant will be there to buzz you in.
- Pool temperature: 32 - 34°C. Warm hydro temperature so no need for a baby warmer
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant to assist you
- Depth: 0.9m – 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre-school classes)
- 8 children:2 teachers (Swim Academy)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Hebburn Riverside Park is nearby
Café L, 7 St. James Mall, Hebburn NE31 1LE