All you need to know – Mowden Hall School
Newton, Stocksfield, NE43 7TP
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Mowden Hall School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Mowden Hall School
Parking: Once you have entered the school ground follow the long driveway through the grounds. You will come to a crossroads and see the main school entrance on the left. At this point turn right and the carpark for Puddle Ducks customers is a short way down on the right hand side and is signposted. From the car park, walk up through the nursery (where coffee will be served if you wish)
- There is plenty of space for spectators to sit poolside at this venue
- Please ensure that take your nappy home with you
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: There are 2 communal changing rooms, clearly marked for female and male carers. The changing rooms are fairly small so if feasible we suggest you change your child on the benches poolside.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: The pool hall is clearly signposted from the car park.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°C. For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top may be needed. These can be purchased from our online shop
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this venue
- Depth: 1.0m – 1.9m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre school)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest play-park and Closest café
Mowden is a lovely family venue and our customers are offered use of the nursery facilities and play park for free before and after their class. The school also provide free tea, coffee and flapjacks for our customers, so you can make your swimming class a whole morning of activity.
If you want to prolong the fun, we recommend Wheelbirks Farm and ice cream shop which is a short drive away.