All you need to know – Oxclose Community Academy
Dilston Close, Oxclose Village NE38 0LN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Oxclose School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Oxclose Community Academy
Parking: Free parking on the school site. On weekdays, the car park can get very busy so please allow ample time to get to class and if the car park is full, please park in the surrounding streets.
In the school car park, please park in marked bays only. Please do not park in the disabled spaces or in the bus parking area.
Please keep hold of your child’s hand and cross the car park at the marked crossings only
- If using a sat-nav please be aware that Raby Road has a no-through road section and it may try and bring you down this road. If your sat-nav doesn’t have Dilston Close use Brancepeth Road and follow directions for Oxclose Church which is on the same road as the school but is more clearly signposted
- Spectators are allowed to sit poolside at this venue but must wear blue shoe covers, indoor shoes or remove their shoes
- Please ensure that you use the nappy bins provided in some of the changing areas for disposal of nappies, or take your nappy home with you
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- WARNING: Please don’t use the school’s beds or benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to change your baby at floor level
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are 3 curtained changing rooms which are clearly labelled for male and female carers.
Our classes are busy and the changing area has limited space so please be courteous to other parents and don’t leave your belongings on seats or changing tables when you are in the pool
Please try to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents.
If you need any assistance at all, our poolside assistant is there to help you and your child so please don’t hesitate to ask.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: Please use the main entrance for the Community Academy (large red building) and sign in at reception.
Please ensure you arrive 15 minutes before the start of your class and our poolside assistant will escort you to the pool. If you are late you may have to wait and risk missing the beginning of your class.
- Pool temperature: 32°C. Warm hydro temperature so no need for a baby warmer
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant to assist you
- Depth: 1.0m throughout
- Maximum class ratios: 5 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre-school classes)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Washington Wetlands Centre is great for a wander before or after your class.
Miss Tina’s is a favourite of ours close by.