All you need to know – Percy Hedley School
Upper School, West Lane, Killingworth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 7BH
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Percy Hedley Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Percy Hedley School
Parking: Free parking on the school site.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there is a shower poolside. Please be aware that we are not permitted to use any products in the showers, the showers are for rinsing purposes before and after your class only
- Spectators are allowed to sit poolside at this venue but must wear blue shoe covers. Covers are provided in dispensers either side of the shower row
- Please ensure that you use the nappy bins provided in some of the changing areas for disposal of nappies, or take your nappy home with you
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are 11 family sized changing areas, some have lockable doors, some are curtained off, all with direct access to the pool. Please use any free changing room. When you are in the pool, please be courteous to our other customers and place your belongings to one side in the changing room so that another family can use the room while you are swimming.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: Please enter the pool building through the automatic doors. At the weekend the reception won’t be manned so please go through the second set of doors to access the changing area.
- Pool temperature: 35°C (no need for thermal wear)
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.3m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre School classes)
- 8 children : 2 teachers (Swim Academy)
- 20 ladies : 1 teacher (Aquanatal)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
The award winning Killingworth Lakeside Park is close by with play park, grassed areas and a fantastic play area
Killingworth Café is a popular choice nearby