All you need to know – Radisson Blu Durham
Frankland Lane, Durham DH1 5TA
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Radisson Blu – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: Free parking is available at the hotel, but you will need to register your car at the health club reception so that you don’t get a parking ticket.
Location: Radisson Blu, Durham
- When you arrive for your class, please use the PACE Health club entrance on the side of the hotel. We aren’t allowed to use the main hotel entrance
- Please sign in at reception of the Health Club
- Radisson Blu do not allow spectators poolside at the Radisson but you are welcome to wait in the coffee shop
- Please ensure that you take your nappy home with you
- If your child is over 8 years they must change in their own gender changing room
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are separate communal changing areas for both male and female carers with lockers available to store your belongings
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a laned off area of the pool during our classes. Members and hotel guests still have access and will be using the rest of the pool during our hire times.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°C. For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be needed. These can be purchased from our online shop
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre School)
- 20 ladies : 1 teacher (Aquanatal)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Adventure Valley is great for a visit or even a whole day out.
Radisson Blu is situated in Durham, so there are lots of options including an onsite café at the Radisson.
Flat White Café is another one of our favourites.