All you need to know – Sunningdale School
Shaftoe Road, Springwell, Sunderland, SR3 4HA
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Sunningdale School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Sunningdale School
Parking: Parking is available in the school car park.
On our weekday sessions, the car park can get very busy around 3pm when the pupils are leaving so please allow ample time to get to class and if the car park is full, please park in the surrounding streets. Please keep hold of your child’s hand at all times in the car park
- On weekdays, please enter the school through the main entrance – you must sign in at reception and wait for our poolside assistant to come and escort you to the pool. At the weekend, please enter via the side entrance to the right of main reception, where the door will be open. Turn right to make your way down the corridor to the pool
- If you are bringing a buggy, please leave it outside the main pool hall
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool
- Please ensure that you use the nappy bins provided in baby change cubicles for disposal of nappies, or take your nappy home with you
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: The changing area has limited space so please be courteous to other parents and don’t leave your belongings on seats or changing tables when you are in the pool. There are 2 curtained areas which will be clearly labelled for male and female carers.
Please try to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents. If you are in the last class and need to feed your baby after class, please use the parents’ room where possible so the next group can get access to the pool.
If you need any assistance at all, our poolside assistant is there to help you and your children so please don’t hesitate to ask.
WARNING: Please don’t use the school’s beds or benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to changing your baby at floor level, or use one of the ones provided by us.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire
Access: Spectators are allowed but there is very limited space poolside.
- Pool temperature: 32°C
- Poolside assistant: There will be a poolside assistant available to help you
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios: 4 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Barnes Park and garden is a lovely place to visit for a play after class and is only a mile away so a leisurely walk or short drive
Barnes Park Rd, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear SR4 7PY
Miss Tina’s is child friendly option just a five minute drive away