All you need to know – The Grand Hotel, Gosforth Park
High Gosforth Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 5HN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The Grand Hotel, Gosforth Park – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: The Grand Hotel
Parking: Cars should be parked in the hotel car park which is accessed by turning right after entering the site from the main road. Please be aware that the hotel has a Parking Eye system, all you have to do is register your car registration at one of the terminals in the hotel, ideally the one in the leisure club when you first come in. It is valid for 4 hours and must be done every time you enter the hotels grounds.
- When you arrive for your class, please go to the Leisure Club reception on the lower ground floor. Please do not bring buggies into the hotel.
- Spectators are welcome at this pool, there is seating directly on the poolside and upstairs on the mezzanine level.
- Please use the designated nappy bins provided in the changing areas to dispose of nappies, not the regular waste bins.
- WARNING: Please don’t use benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to change your baby at floor level
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- Please bring along indoor footwear suitable for use on the poolside, to be worn for travel between the changing rooms and the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: Please can Puddle Ducks customers use the family changing area or the individual cubicles in the male / female changing rooms. Please do not use communal floor space in the changing rooms or the benches for changing your baby as this is blocks entrance / exit from the changing rooms. If the changing rooms are full when you arrive please take a seat and wait for space in a cubicle or in the family changing area to become free.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks share use of the pool with leisure club members, our teaching space will be roped off.
- Pool temperature 29-30°C. For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top may be needed. These can be purchased from our online shop
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 0.8m sloping to 1.2m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre-school)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Gosforth Central Park has a play area which is one of our favourites.
There is a café onsite at the hotel which serves Starbucks coffee and various meals and snacks.