All you need to know – Wet ‘n’ Wild
Royal Quays, Rotary Way, North Shields NE29 6DA. Tel: 0191 296 1444
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Wet n Wild – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Wet 'n' Wild
Parking: Free parking onsite.
- Please enter the pool building through the automatic doors
- The reception won’t be manned during our hire times so please make your way down the stairs to the changing village
- It is best not to bring buggies as it’s difficult to get them down the steep stairs
- Our sessions take place in the wave pool, the waves will of course be switched off during our sessions. To get to the wave pool, please cross the bridge next to the shower area
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool
- Please ensure that you use the nappy bins provided in baby change cubicles for disposal of nappies, or take your nappy home with you
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: There is a large changing room area with individual cubicles. Wet ‘n’Wild is closed to the public during our hire times so plenty of available space to get changed. There are a couple of baby change facilities but we would recommend that you bring your own changing mat to change your baby. The larger changing rooms are closest to the showers.
You can buy a locker token from any of the Wet ‘n’ Wild staff for £2, which you can then keep to use every week.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire, the water park is not open during our hire times.
Access: There is ample room for spectators on the poolside.
- Pool temperature: 30°-31°C. Nice warm pool so a baby warmer shouldn’t be necessary
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 0.9-1.4m (The deeper area of the wave pool will be roped off during our hire times)
- Maximum class ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Tynemouth Park is only a short drive away and has an excellent play park, boating lake, crazy golf and much more. It is also situated next to the Award winning Tynemouth Longsands Beach.
Tynemouth Park, Grand Parade, Tynemouth, Tyne & Wear NE30 4JH.
Wet ‘n’ Wild is a water fun park located across the road from Royal Quays shopping centre so there are several options for coffee and food, including Costa Coffee and Thorntons café.
The café at Wet ‘n’ Wild will sometimes be open during our sessions.