At Puddle Ducks our aim is to ensure your children learn to love the water, swim beautifully and have fun. On top of this we teach invaluable personal survival and water safety skills to help them stay safe in the water - and this is where our termly pyjama week comes in.
Every term we dedicate a week to teaching personal survival safety and enjoy a special week of lessons swimming in our jimmy jammies! During this week, all of our children have the opportunity to get involved. From our tiny baby floaties right up to our eldest pupils in our Swim Academy classes, and of course our teachers will be in their PJs too.
Why is pyjama week important?
- If accidents happen, often it's when fully clothed. We strongly believe it's our duty to ensure that our swimmers know what it feels like to be in water while wearing clothes
- Even just this short experience will help them to realise that even though they feel heavier, they can still do those all-important reactions of kicking to the surface, turning and reaching for the side
What to wear for Pyjama Week?
- Floaties, Splashers & Kickers: sleepsuits or short or long sleeved pyjamas. Don't forget to wear your usual double swim nappies underneath
- Little Dippers & Dippers: short or long sleeved pyjamas. Don't forget to wear your usual double swim nappies underneath or swimwear if potty trained
- Swim Academy: short sleeved pyjamas
- All parents/carers involved in pre-school lessons are invited to wear pyjamas too.
All swimmers will be emailed further information in advance of the next planned event but if you have any queries about how we teach water safety please feel free to speak to your teacher or give the office a call on 01257 262622. For now, we’ll just remind you to bring an extra plastic carrier bag for all the wet pj’s after your session as all those extra wet clothes will need a home!
Find out more about Puddle Ducks North Hampshire and Reading
Puddle Ducks North Hampshire and Reading offers Baby & Pre-school swimming classes (from birth, through to toddlers and pre-schoolers). Jo Gribben and her team of highly qualified, expert teachers run classes in Reading, Yateley, Bagshot and Frimley and are passionate, professional, nurturing and loved by our swimmers. Swimming, taught by experts...that’s the Puddle Ducks Difference.
- You can join us at any time! Use our contact form to get in touch or call us on 01257 262622