Baby & Pre-School lessons available
Swim Academy lessons available
To book into these classes, click here!
All you need to know about Clywedog School, Wrexham: A large and lovely school pool based in Wrexham that is ideal for our Baby and Pre-school and Swim Academy swimming classes. Our classes for 0-4 year olds run on a Saturday morning and our Swim Academy classes for children aged 4-10 years also takes place on a Saturday morning. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Clywedog School, Wrexham!
Location: Ruthin Road, Wrexham, LL13 7UB
Parking & Directions: Free and plentiful parking and available in front of the Sports Hall.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- No eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained.
- Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Enter the building and walk through the swing doors directly in front of you – there is a ‘Swimming Pool’ sign directly above the door. Go straight through the next set of swing doors (also with ‘swimming pool’ sign above them) and you will find the changing rooms (Ladies first, Men second) on the right hand side. The pool is through the changing rooms at the far end
- Please remove your shoes in the changing rooms prior to entering the swimming pool area
- Please remember to shower (both parent and child) prior to entering the pool area & do take a snuggly towel for your little one ready for when they get out
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lessons
Access: Spectators may sit poolside
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C.
- Poolside assistant: No
- Depth: 0.9 – 1.5m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
- 4 children: 1 teacher (Swim Academy Levels 1 and 2)
- 8 children: 1 teacher (Swim Academy Level 3)
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Clywedog School, Wrexham!