Baby & Pre-School lessons available
Swim Academy lessons available
To book into these classes, click here!
All you need to know about Quality Hotel, Hanley: This is Stoke based swimming pool that is ideal for our Baby & Pre-School and Swim Academy swimming classes. We run classes suitable for babies and toddlers through the week and at weekends. Our Swim Academy classes run on a Saturday afternoon here. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Quality Hotel, Hanley!
Location: 66 Trinity Street, Hanley, Staffordshire ST1 5NB
Parking & Directions: Parking is available on the Car Park below The Quality Hotel (just before it on the left hand side if you are driving up the hill into town). You do not need to pay for parking for the duration of your swimming lesson, however in order to ensure that you don’t get a parking ticket, you must remember to enter your car registration details into the Key Pad at the Health Club reception every week. Please note that parking is for a MAX 3 Hours and tickets issued can’t be revoked by The Hotel as they do not administer the car park.
Pool Location: The pool is found in the Health Club.
- You may enter the hotel from the lower entrance by the car park and go straight through the first set of double doors.
- You may either walk up the steps in front of you or take the lift to your right which takes you up to the main reception.
- At the main reception turn left down the corridor and continue along this past the function rooms following the signs to the Health Club.
- At the end of the corridor turn left and then right immediately through another set of double doors. The pool is further down the corridor on the left hand side.
- Please remove all shoes before entering the pool area.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Push chairs should not be brought into the hotel as there isn’t anywhere to park them close to the Health Club.
- The Health Club staff will provide you with one key for a locker (one per parent/child).
- There are separate male & female changing rooms each with entrances direct onto the pool.
- Please supervise your children at all times to ensure they don’t go poolside unaccompanied.
- Each changing room has a toilet and showers which may be used by the customers.
- Please shower before entering the pool to maintain water quality (there is also an open shower poolside).
- Please remember to bring a towel poolside for your child.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has half of the pool roped off for use during lessons
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C
- Poolside assistant: No
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
- 8 children:2 teachers (Swim Academy for ages 4 and above)
Pool accessibility: The pool is accessible directly from the changing rooms and spectators may sit poolside
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Quality Hotel, Hanley!