Baby & preschool classes available.
All you need to know about Knypersley First School: This lovely warm school pool is based North of Stoke-On-Trent and is ideal for Baby and Pre-school swimming classes. Our classes for babies and toddlers aged 0-4 years run on a Saturday. Our expert swimming teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Knypersley First School!
Location: Newpool Road, Biddulph, ST8 6NN
Parking & Directions: Parking is available on the School Car Park during weekends, the blue gates will be left open for the duration of the lessons. Please take care as there are pedestrians on the car park. Overflow parking is available on the road.
Pushchairs may be required to get from the car park to the pool entrance but should be left outside the pool building (it is under shelter).
Pool Location once on site: Look for the grey gates to the rear of the car park. Go through them and turn left. Go straight through the 2nd set of gates with the school to your left and the playground in front of you. Follow the buildings round and go left to find the pool – the blue building. Turn left through the blue gates and then right into the pool (white doors).
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Men’s changing rooms are on the right and Ladies on the left.
- There are no shower facilities at the pool.
- Please supervise your children at all times whilst on the premises, so they do not go pool side by themselves. There is a secure door on each changing room to minimise this risk.
- Please do not allow your children to climb on the changing room benches.
- The School request that all nappies (swimming and daily) are taken home for disposal.
- Please also take a towel pool side with you for your child.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lessons. Spectators may sit poolside – please remove shoes before entering the pool area and do not sit on the low pool wall
- Pool temperature: 30-32°C.
- Poolside assistant: Yes
- Depth: 0.8 – 1.0m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Knypersley First School!