Baby & Pre-School lessons available
All you need to know about Newport CE Junior School: The school is in Newport which is just north of Telford, we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming classes here. This lovely school pool has recently been refurbished and it is great! Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Newport CE Junior School!
Location: Newport C.E. Junior School, Avenue Road, Newport, Shropshire TF10 7EA
Parking & Directions: There is a small car park however customers are encouraged to park along the Avenue Road South if the school car park is busy. There is a gate with an intercom for access into the school grounds.
From the South via A518:
Take the A518 towards Newport, exit onto Wellington Road, after 1.2 miles turn right at Upper Bar then left onto Avenue Road. The School is on the right.
From the South via A41:
Stay on the A41 until you reach the roundabout with Aldi and Lidl. Turn left onto the A518, at the next roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Station Road, then continue onto Upper Bar and right onto Avenue Road. The School is on the right.
From the North:
From Market Drayton head South on the A529. Turn left onto A41 and head towards Newport. At Chetwynd, turn right onto Chester Road, continue along here for 1.5 miles going past Waitrose and Costa Coffee. Then turn left on Avenue Road. The School is on the right.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Push Chairs should not be taken into the pool building.
- Car seats can be used but please leave poolside (not in the changing room) due to space
- There are two changing rooms, one for male and one for female customers.
- There is a disabled changing room which also has the WC in it.
- There is a shower poolside between the changing rooms, please shower before entering the pool.
- Pool temperature: 30-31 degrees
Depth: 1.3m throughout
Maximum class ratios:
- 7 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher
Pool accessibility: The pool is accessible from both changing rooms
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of this pool during lesson times. Spectators may sit poolside but will need to remove shoes
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Newport CE Junior School!