Swim Academy classes are available here.
IMPORTANT: Please read this STAYING SAFE AT OSWESTRY SCHOOL document BEFORE attending your first lesson. It details all the procedures we have in place at your pool related to staying safe during COVID-19.
To book into these classes, click here!
All you need to know about Oswestry School: This school pool is based in the lovely town of Oswestry and is ideal for our Swim Academy classes which we run on a Sunday morning. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Oswestry School!
Location: Upper Brook Street, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 2TL
Parking & Directions: Parking is available on the School Car Park which is next to the playing field opposite the main school on Upper Brook Street. Please do not try and park on the Quad. This area is used by school boarders during the weekend and is not to be used as a car park at any time.
Locating the pool once parked:
- Please walk back down Upper Brook Street towards the mini roundabout
- At the mini roundabout turn left into the school – you will see “Last Day” written on the right hand wall. Continue straight ahead keeping the low wall to your right and the quadrant on your left
- You will see a small building with a green door straight in front of you –this is The Old Shop
- In the corner set behind The Old Shop and with the chickens in the garden on your right (!) is the Pool Building (low level)
- There are separate entrances direct into the male or female changing rooms
- Please remove all shoes in the changing rooms before entering the pool area.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Please remove all shoes before entering the pool area
- The pool is accessed via the Male and Female changing room entrances
- Please do not allow your children to climb on the changing room benches – there are pipes underneath the benches which may get warm so please keep little hands away from them
- Each changing room has a toilet and a shower which may be used by the customers. Please shower before entering the pool
- Access to the pool is through the swing doors which swing both forwards and backwards – please take care and do not allow your child to pass through these doors without you
- There is limited space in the changing rooms so push chairs are not allowed in the pool building. There is space for push chairs to be stored in The Shop just before the pool building
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lessons, spectators may sit poolside but will need to remove their shoes
- Pool temperature: 30°C
- Poolside assistant: Yes
- Depth: 1.0 – 2.0m (roped off at 1.4m)
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children:2 teachers (Levels 1 and 2)
- 4 children: 1 teacher (Swim Academy Levels 1 and 2)
- 8 children: 1 teacher (Swim Academy Levels 3 and 4)
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Oswestry School!