IMPORTANT: Please read this STAYING SAFE AT QUEEN MARY'S document BEFORE attending your first lesson. It details all the procedures we have in place at your pool related to staying safe during COVID-19.
All you need to know – Queen Mary’s Grammar School
Sutton Road, Walsall, WS1 2PG
We can't wait to welcome you to our Puddle Ducks classes at Queen Mary’s Grammar School- in the meantime, here's some information that we hope you find useful.
Location: Queen Mary’s Grammar School - Sutton Road, Walsall, WS1 2PG
Parking: There is free parking in the top car park, please do not park in the Schools main entrance car park. From the top car park facing the road keep to the right and follow the path to the pool building entrance.
- Please note you will need an access code to get into the pool building. Please contact the office to receive this code in advance.
- Please note that we only hire the pool and therefore have no access to fields or school buildings.
- Siblings that aren’t swimming must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: We have some lovely new changing rooms at Queen Mary’s Grammar School. Both the male and female changing rooms have showers, toilets and direct access to the poolside. There are some small lockers for essential items such as wallets and phones, these require £1 coin (refundable), please don’t bring valuables to class. Please shower before entering the pool
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire time. Spectators are welcome in the pool hall but must remove shoes and remain in the spectator area at all times.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.1m sloping to 2m
Maximum Class Ratios:
10 Children/Adult pairs: 1 teacher - Baby and Pre-School classes
8 Children: 2 teachers - Swim Academy classes
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Queen Mary's Grammar School!