Baby & Pre-School lessons available
All you need to know about Albrighton Hall, Shrewsbury: From the moment you pull into the hotel grounds you are greeted by beautiful surroundings and this continues to the pool. This lovely pool is based just a few miles from Shrewsbury and is ideal for our Baby and Pre-school swimming classes. We run our classes for babies and toddlers aged 0-4 years on Tuesdays and Thursdays at this pool. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Albrighton Hall, Shrewsbury!
Location: Ellesmere Rd, Albrighton, Shrewsbury SY4 3AG
Parking & Directions: Parking is available in the dedicated ‘Spa & Fitness’ car park. Once you enter the drive for the Hotel, bear right and then turn left at the sign that points you in the direction of the Spa & Fitness suite. Continue along this road (past the high ropes course) and the car park can be found on the left.
Locating the pool once parked: The pool is within the Inspirations Spa and Leisure
- Pushchairs are allowed in the club, please ensure the wheels are clean.
- The Leisure Club is accessed via the circular courtyard. Ramp to the left or steps to the right.
- Enter the building through the double doors and sign in at reception.
- Once signed in, follow the corridor straight ahead. Through two sets of double doors, up a couple of steps (small ramp) and the entrance to both male and female changing rooms are on the right.
- Please remove all shoes before entering the pool area
- Children are to remain supervised at all times, please be aware there are members and Hotel/Spa guests in the club
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lessons.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Outdoor shoes should be removed in the changing rooms.
- Lockers are available, returnable £1 required.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of your classes to avoid congestion, & to allow yourselves time to get changed.
- There are separate male and female changing rooms, with toilets and showers
- 1 Baby Changing unit is located within the Disabled changing room. This is accessed from the pool hall, next to the male changing room door.
- Please bring a changing mat for your little one (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers) to use in the changing rooms
- Please supervise your children at all times whilst on the premises, so they do not go pool side by themselves or enter beauty treatment rooms.
- Please do not allow your children to climb on the changing room benches, in the lockers, enter the Solarium area nor play with the vending machines.
- The Leisure Club kindly request that all nappies (swimming and daily) are taken home for disposal.
- We request that everyone showers before entering the pool please (and remind children to use the toilet prior to lessons if applicable).
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times around the pool area.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has the use of half the pool during hire times. The remainder of the pool is used by members/Spa customers only. Spectators are welcome poolside but they will need to remove their shoes
- Pool temperature: 30°. Temperature can vary slightly though so you may wish to dress your little one in one of our thermal wrap wetsuits found on our website shop
- Poolside assistant: No
- Depth: 1m to 2m (roped off at 1.4m)
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Albrighton Hall, Shrewsbury!