Baby & Pre-School lessons available
To book into these classes, click here!
All you need to know about Severndale Academy School: This is a lovely warm hydrotherapy school pool based in Shrewsbury and is ideal for our Baby and Pre-school swimming classes. Our classes for babies and toddlers aged 0-4 years run on a Saturday morning into early in the afternoon. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Severndale Academy School!
Location: Woodcote Way, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY2 5SH
Parking & Directions: Parking is available outside the school entrance. Don’t use the main school gates! Go past the school and take the first left onto Hearne Way and follow this right to the end of the road. Enter via ‘Gate 3.’
Locating the pool once parked:
- Please do not bring pushchairs or car seats into the building
- Enter via the doors (there should be a doorbell/intercom so you can let the team know you need letting in)
- The poolside assistant will allow you access to the building, please note you may have to wait a couple of minutes
- Once in the building walk ahead, turn left and follow this corridor a short distance until you see a corridor on the right with blue twinkle lights and fish shapes, follow this to the pool. The poolside assistant should be around to help and show you the way
- Outdoor shoes should be removed at the entrance to the pool or over shoes worn
- Please ensure the pool room door is closed at all times to maintain air temperature
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of your classes to avoid congestion in the pool area and changing rooms
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- The ladies changing room is found in the pool area on the right hand side. The first door on the right
- The men’s changing room is also found on the pool area on the right hand side. The second door on the right.
- Parents/carers that are not changing themselves but are changing a baby/child can use the area on the left hand side of the pool
- A shower and a toilet is also available on the left hand side of the pool in the assisted changing room
- We request that ALL nappies are taken home with you
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times around the pool area.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lessons, spectators may watch poolside but will need to remove their shoes
- Pool temperature: 33°C - the pool is a hydrotherapy pool. Due to the temperature please bring fluid to hydrate parent & child post lesson.
Customers are advised not to use the pool if they have the following contraindications (acute vomiting or diarrhoea/deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism/acute asthma/resting angina/shortness of breath at rest/uncontrolled cardiac failure/paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea/poorly controlled epilepsy/unstable diabetes/thyroid deficiency)
- Poolside assistant: Yes
- Depth: 1.325m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Severndale Academy!