Baby & preschool classes available here.
All you need to know about Palfrey Junior School. A Walsall based swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School classes on Monday & Saturday mornings.
Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Palfrey Junior School.
Location: Palfrey Junior School, Dale Street, Walsall, WS1 4AH
Parking & Directions: Limited parking is available within the school grounds immediately through the gates on the left by the pool building.
Whilst the school are happy to accommodate parking onsite for swimmers, they do ask that you do not park in the following areas:
- Nominated parking bays for staff such as marked ‘Headteacher’ and alike
- Nominated parking bays for our school visitors marked ‘Visitors’
- Delivery Bay – The cars that may be parked there have permits and are authorised by the school, no swimmers should park there without prior authorisation from the Headteacher
- Disability bays are available for blue badge holders only
All cars travelling through the school site should drive at 5MPH, no car should travel at a higher speed than that.
Further parking is available in the car park next to the onsite community centre by entering through school gates and following the road round to here. Alternative street parking can be found nearby.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 10 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Pool temperature: 30°C
- Poolside assistant: We have a poolside assistant here
- Depth: roped off from 0.8m sloping to 0.95m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
Pool accessibility: The pool is accessible from both changing rooms
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of your classes to allow for change-over in the changing rooms
- The ladies and men’s changing rooms are clearly signed
- Showers are not available at this time, please shower at home before attending lessons
- Please take ALL nappies home with you.
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of this large pool during lesson times. Spectators are not able to attend at this time.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Palfrey Junior School