All you need to know – DW Fitness Mansfield
Unit 1, Portland Retail Park, Mansfield NG18 1HA
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at DW Fitness Mansfield – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: DW Fitness, Mansfield
Parking: There is free parking for up to 2 hours in the car park in front of the club.
- Please sign in at Reception
- A well-fitting (tight) neoprene swim nappy or costume – MUST be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in all other programmes if your child is not fully dry.
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher. We only have access to the sectioned area of the pool, the rest of the pool and jacuzzi area is for member’s only
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of a roped off area during hire. Members have use of the rest of the pool
Changing Rooms: There are two large changing rooms with showers for males and females, along with a small family changing room. All have direct access to the pool.
Access: DW Fitness has a no spectator policy in all of its venues but they have agreed we can have a maximum of 2 ”Poolside Helpers” PER CLASS on poolside to watch the class. If you wish to take up this offer, you MUST book in advance via the office and the spectator MUST wear the ID badge provided by the Teacher (and return at the end of your lesson). The booking can be made a maximum of 7 days prior to the lesson but must be no later than 3:30pm on the day before your child’s lesson or by 3:30pm on Friday if requiring a space at the weekend. The club will have a record of the expected spectators and if they are NOT pre-booked, they will not be allowed poolside (they can still go into the café).
Alternatively, DW Fitness, may relay the CCTV feed from the pool hall of the Puddle Ducks lessons to the TV display in the Café area. This allows viewing for a broader family gathering, it is more comfortable for elderly guests and for those parents attending with other children not in the water and who they cannot take poolside.
- Pool temperature: 30°C
- Pool dimensions: 20m x 2.8m (this is the Lane area)
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum Class Ratio:
- 7children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 6 children/adult pairs: 1techer (Little Dippers & Dippers)
Poolside Assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant
Helping you to make your special time last even longer … that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the classes with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest Play Park:
Carr Bank Park, Windmill Lane, Mansfield NG18 2AL
There is a cafe within the venue and several others in and around the neighbouring retail park