All you need to know – Kirby Muxloe Primary School
55 Barwell Road, Leicester LE9 2AA
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Kirby Muxloe Primary School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Kirby Muxloe Primary School
Parking: There is free parking in the car park at the top of Castle Road (2 mins walk away); there is limited on street parking outside the school. Please do not park in the school car park.
- On entry to the pool hall you MUST either remove your/your child’s shoes or wear the blue overshoes provided. There is a room immediately to the right where you can do this (this is NOT the changing area). Pushcairs can also be left in this area.
- The school is open when the lessons are on, please observe any signs or instructions the school puts up.
- A well-fitting (tight) neoprene swim nappy or costume – available to purchase from the Puddle Ducks shop, must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath until the child is dry. Why not buy one of our great value Baby Swimming Kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during hire times
Changing Rooms: There are Male and Female changing rooms with low level wooden benching in each. You can place your changing mat either on the benching or on the floor to change your baby. Please Shower before entry to the pool and bring a towel poolside to use for short walk between poolside and changing rooms.
There are NO lockers in the changing rooms; all possessions are left at your own risk anywhere on site. You may want to take any valuables to the poolside.
STRICTLY NO EATING OR DRINKING IN THE CHANGING ROOMS OR ON POOLSIDE AND PLEASE TAKE ALL NAPPIES HOME FOR DISPOSAL.
Access: Spectators are welcome and can go poolside but MUST remove their shoes or wear the blue overshoes provided
- Pool temperature: Toasty 31°C
- Pool dimensions: 11.6m x 5.5m
- Depth: 0.8m to 1.25m (gradual slope)
- Maximum Class Ratio: up to 9 Children/Adult pairs:1 teacher
- Poolside Assistant: Yes
Helping you to make your special time last even longer … that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the classes with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
There is a cafe at the top of castle Road along Main Street called "Real Flavours"