All you need to know – De Vere Oxford Thames Hotel
De Vere Oxford Thames Hotel, Henley Road, Sandford-on-Thames, Oxford, OX4 4GX
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at De Vere Oxford Thames – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: De Vere Oxford Thames Hotel
Parking: There is parking available at this venue.
- The hotel is located just off the A4074.
- A £1 coin is required for the lockers.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are separate male and female changing areas. There are no nappy bins available at the premises so please take your used nappies with you.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have use of half the pool, the other half remains open to members
Access: Spectators can sit poolside
Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this venue
- Pool temperature: 30oC (For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be available or can be purchased from our online shop, if needed).
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios: 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like:
For a list of local play-parks please follow this link.
Kings Arms, Church Road, Sandford-on-Thames, OX4 4YB
Frankie & Bennys, Unit 7a, Ozone Leisure Park, Grenoble Road, Oxford, OX4 4XP
There is a bar, brasserie and restaurant on site at the De Vere.
Closest soft play
Partyman World of Play, Grenoble Road, Oxford, OX4 4XP
Other local attractions
Bowlplex, Ozone Leisure Park, Grenoble Road, Oxford, OX4 4XP
Shotover Country Park, Oxford, OX4 2FF