All you need to know – Whelford Pool
College Barn, Whelford, Gloucestershire, GL7 4HG
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at College Barn – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: College Barn has limited parking available on the drive. Please park considerately and do not park on the grass. If no space is available please check with the poolside assistant.
• College Barn is located in Whelford, located on Horcott Road.
• Approaching from Lechlade:
o Follow the A417 towards Fairford.
o After approximately 2 miles, take the left turn - signposted Whelford and just after the Shell garage.
o Follow this road for just over a mile and then turn right onto Horcott Road.
o College Barn is located on the right of this road.
• Approaching from Cirencester:
o Follow the A417 towards Lechlade.
o When you reach Fairford after approximately 12 miles, turn right onto Horcott Road – signposted Whelford.
o College Barn is approximately 2 miles down this road, located on the left hand side, just after the Whelford sign.
• Please note that this is a private residence so we ask that you stay within the designated areas to which the owner has allowed us access.
• A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: There is a small changing room and screened off areas to get changed.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lessons
Access: Spectators can sit poolside.
Poolside assistant: There is a poolside assistant at this venue
• Pool temperature: 30oC (For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be available or can be purchased from our online shop, if needed)
• Depth: 1m to 1.1m
• Maximum class ratios: 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like:
Lynwood & Co Cafe, 2 High Street, Fairford, GL7 4AD
7a Coffee Shop, 7a London Street, Fairford, GL7 4AQ
Closest soft play
Jungle Mania, Unit 9, Crompton Road, Groundwell Industrial Estate, Swindon
Rugrats & Half Pints, Meadow Road, Cirencester, GL7 1YA
Other local attractions
Cotswold Wildlife Park & Gardens, Burford, Oxfordshire, OX18 4JP (approx 10 miles)
Roves Farm Visitor Centre, Sevenhampton, Wiltshire, SN6 7QG (approx