All you need to know – Minster Lovell Pool
Lovells, Windrush Farm,Old Minster Lovell, OX29 0RN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Lovells – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: To avoid congestion in the driveway, please park along the road outside. Please ensure that all cars are parked on left hand side of the road. Parking is not permitted on the driveway.
- Lovells is located in Old Minster Lovell, to the north of the B4047 (rather than in the newer part of Minster Lovell which is located along the Brize Norton Road).
- Approaching from Witney:
- Follow the Burford Road (B4047) west.
- Just beyond the outskirts of town you will reach a turning on the right signed to Minster Lovell Hall and Old Minster. Take this turning, and follow it round the left hand bend.
- Lovells is the last driveway on the right, at the end of the straight section. Beyond this the road turns sharply right and becomes one-way.
- Approaching from Burford:
- Follow the A40 towards Witney.
- At the roundabout, leave the A40 and follow the B4047 to Minster Lovell.
- Go through the village, and past The White Hart pub on your right hand side.
- Take the next left, signed to Minster Lovell Hall and Old Minster.
- Follow the road round to the left, and Lovells is the last driveway on the right, at the end of the straight section. Beyond this the road turns sharply right and becomes one-way.
- Please note that this is a private residence, and stay within the designated areas to which the owner has allowed us access.
- The gardens are strictly private.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are two changing cubicles and some open space to change. There are no nappy bins available at the premises so please take your used nappies with you.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lessons
Access: Spectators can sit poolside.
Poolside assistant: There is a poolside assistant at this venue
- Pool temperature: 30-31oC (For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be available or can be purchased from our online shop, if needed)
- Depth: 0.8m to 1.8m
- Maximum class ratios: 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like:
There is a really good play park in Witney called The Leys Splash Park or the Country Park in Carterton.
Eden Cafe, 6 Wesley Walk, Witney, OX28 6ZJ (part of the Puddle Ducks Rainbow Reward card)
There are also family-friendly pubs in Long Hanborough and Church Hanborough.
Closest soft play
Darcy Bear, Carterton South Industrial Estate, Black Bourton Road, Carterton, OX18 3EZ
Other local attractions
The Pottery Place, 48 High Street, Witney, OX28 6HQ