All you need to know – Summer Fields School
Summer Fields School, Mayfield Road, Summertown, Oxford, OX2 7EN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Summer Fields School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Summer Fields School
Parking: There is no parking available on the school site, so you may choose to park in the car park on the other side of the Banbury Road (parking charges apply). Alternatively the following streets all have free parking spaces available in certain bays – avoid the permit holder only areas:
Hernes Crescent (4 hours)
Islip Road (4 hours)
Harpes Road (2 hours)
Water Eaton Road (2 hours)
Victoria Road (2 hours)
Hamilton Road (2 hours)
Lonsdale Road (3 hours)
Portland Road (3 hours)
All of these are within a short walk of the school. The main bus routes also stop just outside the Summertown shops, providing links with the city centre or the Park and Ride.
If arriving by bike please use the bike racks supplied. Please do not park your bikes against the building wall. Thank you.
- Summer Fields School is located behind the main shops in central Summertown, just off the Banbury Road.
- From the centre of Oxford, take the Banbury Road north towards the A40, and turn right into Summerfield Road at Marks and Spencer.
- From the ringroad travel south along the Banbury Road into Summertown, and turn left into Summerfield Road.
- Once you arrive at the school gate, use the side gate pedestrian access to enter the site. This is a heavy iron gate but is not locked.
- Walk straight across the staff car park to the pathway which runs down the middle of the playing fields, and follow the path to the front entrance of the new sports pavilion. Please do not walk over the grass.
- Feel free to use a pushchair, although be aware that these may need to be stored outside the building so a rain cover may be necessary.
- There is a code to enter the pool building. Please contact the Puddle Ducks office to obtain this. A member of Puddle Ducks staff will be on duty to assist if you have any problems.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: In the changing area there are four large cubicles, each with a bench and a shower inside. One of these will be designated as a male changing room. There is also some space available in the communal area between the four cubicles. Please share the space as best you can, and once you have finished in a cubicle store your belongings in a locker (£1 coin, returnable) or on poolside to make space for other customers.
There are no nappy bins available at the premises so please take your used nappies with you.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during lessons
Access: Spectators can sit poolside
Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Pool temperature: 30oC (For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be available or can be purchased from our online shop, if needed).
- Depth: 1m to 1.5m
- Maximum class ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like:
Aristotle Lane – enclosed play-park with swings, slides, etc
Sunnymead Recreation Ground – enclosed play-park for children up to 11 years old.
There are a variety of cafes available in Summertown.
Closest soft play
Partyman World of Play, Grenoble Road, Oxford, OX4 4XP
Other local attractions
Unique Creations, 263 Banbury Road, Summertown, Oxford, OX2 7HN
Clockwork Music, Woodstock Road Baptist Church & St Michael & All Angels Upper Hall (part of the Puddle Ducks Rainbow Reward card)