All you need to know – The Wiltshire
IMPORTANT: Please read this STAYING SAFE document BEFORE attending your first lesson. It details all the procedures we have in place at your pool related to staying safe during COVID-19.
**We're looking forward to welcoming our swimmers back from 10th September**
Vastern Wharf, Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN4 7PB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The Wiltshire – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: The Wiltshire
Parking: There is free parking outside the hotel.
- No electronic devices are allowed poolside at this pool, including mobile phones.
- All photography and filming is strictly forbidden.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There is one male and one female changing room.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a roped off area of the pool at this venue.
Spectators: No spectators poolside due to Covid-19 restrictions
Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this pool.
- Pool temperature: 30oC (For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be available or can be purchased from our online shop, if needed).
- Depth: 1.37m throughout
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (baby & pre school lessons); ; 4 children:1 teacher (Swim Academy Level 1 & 2 classes); 6 children:1 teacher (Swim Academy Level 3 class)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like (please check Covid-19 restrictions before visiting these places):
The hotel has a bar area for you to buy refreshments before or after your lesson.
Nearby Royal Wootton Bassett also has plenty of cafes for you to socialise with swimming friends.
Closest soft play
Churchill (Wacky Warehouse) – Local pub in Royal Wootton Bassett with indoor soft play for 0-11 year olds.
Other local attractions