All you need to know – Goring Heath Pool
IMPORTANT: Please read this STAYING SAFE document BEFORE attending your first lesson. It details all the procedures we have in place at your pool related to staying safe during COVID-19.
** We can't wait to welcome our swimmers back from 15th September**
Lavender Cottage, Cold Harbour, Goring Heath, Reading, RG8 7SY
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Goring Heath – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: There is a small area of parking on the private driveaway for our customers (please park considerably).
From Henley-on-Thames proceed towards the main traffic lights and carry straight on up Gravel Hill to Rotherfield Peppard. Once through Rotherfield Peppard take the right hand turn through Gallowstree Common and Cane End. At Cane End turn right onto the A4074 and take the first left to Goring (B4526). Continue on this road and on reaching the crossroads at Crays Pond turn left in the direction of Whitchurch Hill and Pangbourne. After approximately half a mile turn right into Cold Harbour (almost directly opposite the turning for The Oratory Preparatory School). At the junction turn right and continue to the end of the lane where Lavender Cottage will be found, tucked away on the left.
From the centre of Goring-on-Thames turn right and proceed up to the top of the High Street where at the railway bridge junction bear right and then next left into Reading Road. Follow the road up Whitehill and out of the village and in a further 2 miles on reaching Crays Pond turn right at the crossroads for Whitchurch Hill and Pangbourne in a further 1 mile turn right into the road for Coldharbour almost directly opposite the entrance into the Oratory Prep School. Follow this road along for almost a ¼ of a mile and at a fork in the road bear right and proceed to the end of the lane which leads directly into Lavender Cottage.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There is one small communal changing room with a separate shower and toilet.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lessons.
Spectators: No spectators poolside due to Covid-19 restrictions
Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this pool.
- Pool temperature: 32oC (For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be available or can be purchased from our online shop, if needed).
- Depth: 1.4m throughout. There is no shallow end so parents of a short stature (below 5' 4") may wish to try one of our other pools.
- Width: 2.1m
- Maximum class ratios (reduced numbers due to Covid-19): 3 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like (please check Covid-19 restrictions at these places before visting):
Other local attractions