Charity PJ Week
Our Charity Pyjama Week takes place from Oct 15th to Oct 21st
What to wear for Pyjama Week:
- Floaties, Splashers & Kickers: sleepsuits or short or long sleeved pyjamas. Don't forget to wear your usual double swim nappies underneath
- Little Dippers & Dippers: short or long sleeved pyjamas. Don't forget to wear your usual double swim nappies underneath or swimwear if potty trained
- Dabblers: short sleeved pyjamas
- All parents/carers involved in pre-school lessons should wear pyjamas.
A top tip is to bring a plastic carrier bag for all the wet pyjamas as they make bags and towels very wet.
What our Pyjama Week teaches:
- If accidents happen, often it's when fully clothed. We strongly believe it's our duty to ensure that our swimmers know what it feels like to be in water while wearing clothes
- Even just this short experience will help them to realise that even though they feel heavier, they can still do those all-important reactions of kicking to the surface, turning and reaching for the side
- We do all of this while making sure your child has lots of fun!
Who are we raising money and taking donations for?
A little bit about what Alfie's Gang does:
Alfie's Gangs biggest project is to provide a variety of different bags to help families in need if their little one makes an early arrival. These bags provide essential and basic items to families at a time when their priority is their new baby. Just like full term babies, parents are expected to provide items such as nappies, cotton wool, clothes and blankets. Tiny items such as micro nappies are hard to find and can make an extremely stressful time even more difficult.
They also make batches of the bags in preparation for the bank holiday rush, a time when staffing in hospital is often low and the amount of families finding themselves in hospitals a long way from home increases, often meaning families struggle to get much needed supplies for their babies.
Donating money and collecting donations for a great cause...
We'd be incredibly grateful if your Puddle Duck could donate money or donate items (see list below) for Alfie's Gang. Here's a reminder of how:
- We will ask for voluntary donations of £2 per child to come to class in pyjamas (collected at the pool) or a donation of one or more of the following items:
- Micro nappies ( under 5lb)
Cotton wool balls
Men's and women's toiletries
Tiny baby clothes - vests , baby grows , incubator clothes (Asda and Tesco)
Cereal bars/ snacks
Colouring packs for siblings and small toys
Very Small teddies
Note books pens
All items donated must be new and unused.