All you need to know – Springfield School Crewe
Crewe Green Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 5HS
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Springfield School! In the meantime, below is some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking is available but not in the pool compound itself (safety risk for children walking around the school). From the main road turn into the school and proceed along the one way system until you see the large green gates at the entrance to the pool – park anywhere you can but ideally do not enter the green gate/s. The gates will be left open during pool hire times for pedestrians.
* IMPORTANT NOTE - THE DOOR KEY PAD ENTRY CODE IS 1981 *
- IMPORTANT - Please look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained.
- Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Please do not bring pushchairs into the pool building. Car seats may be brought into the pool area but should be left outside the changing rooms due to space constraints.
- Outdoor shoes should be removed and left next to the signing in table on the right as soon as you walk into the pool building. Only those going directly to the viewing gallery can keep their footwear on (viewing gallery located through the gym (even if in use), right at the end and up the stairs).
- Once changed please wait for your lesson to start, showering immediately before entering the pool (2 showers poolside and also located in the changing rooms).
- Be aware that the floor can be slippy.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of your classes to allow yourselves time to get changed.
- 8 years and over must use the correct changing room
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of your classes to allow for change-over in the changing rooms
- The ladies and men’s changing rooms are clearly signed
- Showers are available (bring your own shampoo etc please)
- We request that everyone showers please (and remind children to use the toilet prior to lessons if applicable). ALL nappies are taken home with you please
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times
Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during hire times and there is a viewing gallery for any spectators (straight through the gym and up the stairs).
- Pool temperature: 30°C
- Poolside assistant: We do not have a poolside assistant, parents may take it in turns to be the poolside “spotter”
- Depth: 1.35m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Beginners & Intermediates), only 1 teacher for Development & Advanced
Helping you to make your special time last even longer… that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
B & Q, or Tesco and Costa on the retail park more towards the town
Closest soft play
Good Time Charlie's, Mary St, Crewe CW1 4AJ
Other local attractions
Wheelock Hall Farm (lovely meals too)