All you need to know – Grove Farm, Shawbury
Wytheford Road, Shawbury, Shropshire SY4 4JG
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Grove Farm – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
From A53 South (Shrewsbury)
- Drive northwards on the A53 towards Market Drayton
- Pass through Shawbury which includes a Co-op and motor show room on the right and a post office on the left
- Turn left down Wytheford Road, signposted to the Fox & Hounds Pub
- Pass the Fox and Hounds Pub on the right and just after on the left hand side turn left into Grove Farm – the last drive on the left before the road narrows into a country lane
From A53 North (Market Drayton)
- As you approach Shawbury you will pass the Shawbury Garden Centre on your left
- Further down the road you will see a sign for the Fox & Hounds Pub on the left.
- Turn left down this road (Wytheford Road)
- Pass the Fox and Hounds Pub on the right and just after on the left hand side turn left into Grove Farm – the last drive on the left before the road narrows into a country lane.
- This pool is at Julie and Alan's beautiful home and we are so lucky to be able to hire. We do kindly ask that everyone respects this and helps us keep Julie and her team happy!
- Parking is available outside the pool entrance.
- From the road turn into Grove Farm. The gates will be left open during pool hire times.
- Continue straight up the drive and through the next set of gates. Parking is available in front of the garages or if there is no room then on the field to the right before entering the second set of gates. PLEASE PARK IN A WAY TO ALLOW AS MANY CARS TO PARK AS POSSIBLE e.g. WIDTH WAYS RATHER THAN LENGTH WAYS (THANK YOU).
Locating the pool & changing area once parked:
- Please do not bring pushchairs into the house. Car seats may be brought into the pool area but should be left outside the changing rooms due to space constraints
- Once parked please enter the house via the back door by the car parking area
- Walk straight along the corridor and the pool is through the door in front of you
- There are other doors accessed from this corridor the first door on the right is the Male changing area – the other doors ARE NOT accessible for Puddle Ducks customers
- Ladies changing is the first righthand door as you enter the pool room
- Outdoor shoes should be removed and left next to the Pool Table as soon as you walk into the Pool Room
- Please ensure the pool room door is closed at all times to maintain air temperature
- Once changed please wait on the sofa’s for your lesson to start
- Be aware that the pool floor can be slippy and slip mats are provided
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of your classes to allow yourselves time to get changed.
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please bring a baby changing mat if you need one and do not change little ones on high up surfaces for safety reasons e.g. the pool table
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- No eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained.
- Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- No shower is available at this pool sorry at the moment due to water shortage in the area
- We request that all nappies are taken home with you
- Please supervise your child at all times around the pool area
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lessons
Access: Spectators may sit poolside
Pool temperature: 30.5°C
Poolside assistant: No
Maximum class ratios:9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Shawbury Garden Centre (turn right onto the A53) has a lovely café with great cakes!
Closest soft play
Other local attractions
Fox and Hounds (pub)
Elephant & Castle (pub)