All you need to know – Quality Hotel Hanley
66 Trinity Street, Hanley, Staffordshire ST1 5NB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Quality Hotel – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Directions : Quality Hotel
- Take the A53 exit onto Etruria Road towards Hanley / Festival Park
- Stay in the left hand lane as the right hand lane takes you onto a flyover
- Bear left towards the roundabout (not the flyover).
- At the roundabout take the third exit staying on Etruria Road towards Hanley centre. You will see BHS on your left.
- Continue along Etruria road over the traffic lights and passing Sainsbury’s on your left and the casino on your right
- Go up the hill towards town, and you will see The Quality Hotel on your left. The entrance to the car park is just BEFORE you reach the hotel.
Parking: Parking is available on the Car Park below The Quality Hotel (just before it on the left hand side if you are driving up the hill into town). You do not need to pay for parking for the duration of your swimming lesson, however in order to ensure that you don’t get a parking ticket, you must remember to enter your car registration details into the Key Pad at the Health Club reception every week. Please note that parking is for a MAX 3 Hours and tickets issued can’t be revoked by The Hotel as they do not administer the car park.
Pool Location once on site: The pool is found in the Health Club.
- You may enter the hotel from the lower entrance by the car park and go straight through the first set of double doors.
- You may either walk up the steps in front of you or take the lift to your right which takes you up to the main reception.
- At the main reception turn left down the corridor and continue along this past the function rooms following the signs to the Health Club.
- At the end of the corridor turn left and then right immediately through another set of double doors. The pool is further down the corridor on the left hand side.
- You will see a small building with a green door straight in front of you –this is The Old Shop where push chairs may be left.
- Please remove all shoes before entering the pool area.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Don’t forget to enter your car registration into the key pad on the Health Club reception desk every week. This will give you a MAX 3hr stay. Failure to register your car registration will result in up to a £100 fine which The Hotel can’t revoke as they don’t manage the car park. You will also be asked to sign in at reception
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained.
- Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Push chairs should not be brought into the hotel as there isn’t anywhere to park them close to the Health Club.
- The Health Club staff will provide you with one key for a locker (one per parent/child).
- There are separate male & female changing rooms each with entrances direct onto the pool.
- Please supervise your children at all times to ensure they don’t go poolside unaccompanied.
- Each changing room has a toilet and showers which may be used by the customers.
- Please shower before entering the pool to maintain water quality (there is also an open shower poolside).
- Please remember to bring a towel poolside for your child.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has half of the pool roped off for use during lessons
Access: Spectators may sit poolside
- Pool temperature: 31 - 32°C.
- Poolside assistant: NO
- Depth: 1.2 – 1.3m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
- 8 children:2 teachers (Swim Academy for ages 4 and above)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
The closest café is found in the Sainsbury’s just before The Quality Hotel. Otherwise there are a variety of café’s in Hanley itself, but please remember that parking is restricted to 3hrs at The Quality Hotel.
Closest soft play
Other local attractions