All you need to know – KNYPERSLEY First School
Newpool Road, Biddulph, ST8 6NN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Knypersley First School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
From Congleton A527:
- Enter Biddulph on the A527 and continue up to Sainsbury’s on the left.
- At the first roundabout go straight ahead.
- At the second roundabout take the second exit (still A527)
- At the next set of traffic lights you should see Knypersley First School on the right hand side. Turn right at the traffic lights.
- The entrance to the car park is the first gate on the left hand side.
From Tunstall A527:
- Pass through Brindley Ford heading towards Biddulph
- Knypersley is before biddulph
- At the traffic lights in Knypersley you should see the school on your left. Turn left at the traffic lights.
- The entrance to the car park is first left after the lights.
Parking is available on the School Car Park during Weekends. Please take care as there are pedestrians on the car park. Overflow parking is available on the road. For lessons during the weekend, the blue gates will be left open for the duration of the lessons.
Pushchairs may be required to get from the car park to the pool entrance but should be left outside the pool building (it is under shelter).
Pool Location once on site: Knypersley First School. Look for the grey gates to the rear of the car park. Go through them and turn left. Go straight through the 2nd set of gates with the school to your left and the playground in front of you. Follow the buildings round and go left to find the pool – the blue building. Turn left through the blue gates and then right into the pool (white doors).
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained.
- Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: Please come through the entrance to the pool. Men’s changing rooms are on the right and Ladies on the left. There are no shower facilities at the pool. Please supervise your children at all times whilst on the premises, so they do not go pool side by themselves. There is a secure door on each changing room to minimise this risk. Please do not allow your children to climb on the changing room benches. The School request that all nappies (swimming and daily) are taken home for disposal. Please also take a towel pool side with you for your child.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lessons
Access: Spectators may sit poolside – please do not sit on the low pool wall
- Pool temperature: 32°C.
- Poolside assistant: Yes
- Depth: 0.8 – 1.0m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Sainsbury’s Café – At the traffic lights turn left and take the first left at the next roundabout. At the following roundabout turn right into Sainsbury’s.
Closest soft play
Other local attractions