All you need to know – Oswestry School
Upper Brook Street, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 2TL
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Oswestry School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
From Wrexham (A483 / A5)
- Go through Chirk and Gobowen & past RJAH Hospital
- At the first roundabout (Whittington left) take the third exit into Oswestry
- Continue along the B4580 into Oswestry. At the first set of traffic lights with Morrissons in front of you on the right, continue straight along into the one way system along Oswald Road. As the road narrows and at the next mini roundabout, continue straight on
- At the traffic lights go straight on through the town centre (Cross Street - note this may sometimes be closed to cars)
- Continue onto Church Street and straight over the next mini roundabout with Bellan House (Oswestry School prep) on your right
- At the next set of traffic lights turn right onto Upper Brook Street and continue along this road over the mini roundabout until it begins to go uphill
- Here you will see the school on your right and the car park on your left.
From the A483 South
- At the roundabout with the service station and Starbucks drive through on your left, turn first right up Shrewsbury Road. Continue along this road past the Leisure Centre (on your right) until it bends to the right and you see a fork on the left
- Bear left onto Victoria Road. If you get to the petrol station on your right then you have gone too far
- Continue along Victoria Road until you get to a set of traffic lights. Go straight over onto Upper Brook Street
- Continue along Upper Brook Street passing the church on your left. Just after the mini roundabout the road goes up a hill and the school is on the right and the car park is on the left.
Parking: Parking is available on the School Car Park which is next to the playing field opposite the main school on Upper Brook Street. Please do not try and park on the Quad. This area is used by school boarders during the weekend and is not to be used as a car park at any time.
Locating the pool once parked:
- Please walk back down Upper Brook Street towards the mini roundabout
- At the mini roundabout turn left into the school – you will see “Last Day” written on the right hand wall. Continue straight ahead keeping the low wall to your right and the quadrant on your left
- You will see a small building with a green door straight in front of you –this is The Old Shop where push chairs may be left
- In the corner set behind The Old Shop and with the chickens in the garden on your right (!) is the Pool Building (low level)
- There are separate entrances direct into the male or female changing rooms
- Please remove all shoes in the changing rooms before entering the pool area.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- No eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained.
- Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Please remove all shoes before entering the pool area
- The pool is accessed via the Male and Female changing room entrances
- Please do not allow your children to climb on the changing room benches – there are pipes underneath the benches which may get warm so please keep little hands away from them
- Each changing room has a toilet and a shower which may be used by the customers. Please shower before entering the pool
- Access to the pool is through the swing doors which swing both forwards and backwards – please take care and do not allow your child to pass through these doors without you
- There is limited space in the changing rooms so push chairs are not allowed in the pool building. There is space for push chairs to be stored in The Shop just before the pool building
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lessons
Access: Spectators may sit poolside
Pool temperature: 30°C
Poolside assistant: Yes
Depth: 1.0 – 2.0m (roped off at 1.4m)
Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- 8 children:2 teachers (swim academy for the over 4's)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
The closest café’s are situated back in town. Café Aroma is on the main pedestrianized shopping street & costa coffee may also be found in town. There is a Drive Thru Starbucks on the A483 to the south of Oswestry.
Closest soft play
Other local attractions