All you need to know – Severndale Academy
Woodcote Way, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY2 5SH
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Severndale Academy – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: Parking is available outside the pool entrance. Don’t use the main school gates! Go past the school and take the first left onto Hearne Way and follow this right to the end of the road. Enter via ‘Gate 3.’
Locating the pool once parked:
- Please do not bring pushchairs or car seats into the pool
- Enter via the doors (there should be a doorball/intercom so you can let the team know you need letting in)
- The poolside assistant will allow you access to the building. Please note you may have to wait a couple of minutes
- Once in the building walk ahead, turn left and follow this corridor a short distance until you see a corridor on the right with blue twinkle lights and fish shapes, follow this to the pool. The poolside assistant should be around to help
- Outdoor shoes should be removed at the entrance or over shoes worn
- Please ensure the pool room door is closed at all times to maintain air temperature
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of your classes to avoid congestion, & to allow yourselves time to get changed.
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- No eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
- The ladies changing room is found in the pool area on the right hand side. The first door on the right
- The men’s changing room is also found on the pool area on the right hand side. The second door on the right.
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Parents/carers that are not changing themselves but are changing a baby/child can use the area on the left hand side of the pool
- A shower and a toilet is also available on the left hand side of the pool in the assisted changing room
- We request that all nappies are taken home with you
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times around the pool area.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lessons
Access: Spectators may sit poolside
- Pool temperature: 33°C - the pool is a hydrotherapy pool. Due to the temperature please bring fluid to hydrate parent & child post lesson.
Customers are advised not to use the pool if they have the following contraindications (acute vomiting or diarrhoea/deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism/acute asthma/resting angina/shortness of breath at rest/uncontrolled cardiac failure/paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea/poorly controlled epilepsy/unstable diabetes/thyroid deficiency)
- Poolside assistant: Yes
- Depth: 1.325m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- 8 children:2 teachers (swim academy for the over 4's)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
At Morrisons, Tesco Extra, Starbucks on Battlefield roundabout (& Subway in the Spar petrol station too)
Closest soft play
Other local attractions