All you need to know - Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ellesmere Rd, Albrighton, Shrewsbury SY4 3AG
We can't wait to welcome you to Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa - in the meantime, here is some information we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastsic time!
From the A49 from Whitchurch
- Turn right onto Ladymas Rd
- TURN RIGHT
- Left onto A528 for 1.7 miles
- Turn right to the hotel
- Follow signs for the Inspirations Spa and Leisure
From the A528
- At the roundabout continue straight onto Ellesmere Rd A528
- At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit and stay on Ellesmere Rd
- Exit the roundabout onto Ellesmere Rd following A528
- Turn left
Parking: Parking is available in the dedicated ‘Spa & Fitness’ car park. Once you enter the drive for the Hotel, bear right and then turn left at the sign that points you in the direction of the Spa & Fitness suite. Continue along this road (past the high ropes course) and the car park can be found on the left.
Locating the pool once parked: The pool is within the Inspirations Spa and Leisure
- Pushchairs are allowed in the club, please ensure the wheels are clean.
- The Leisure Club is accessed via the circular courtyard. Ramp to the left or steps to the right.
- At the main reception head through the double doors and up the ramp then turn left into the changing rooms opposite the Spa.
- Please remove all shoes before entering the pool area
- Children are to remain supervised at all times, please be aware there are members and Hotel/Spa guests in the club
- Enter the building through the double doors and turn left to sign in at reception.
- Once signed in, follow the corridor straight ahead. Through two sets of double doors, up a couple of steps (small ramp) and the entrance to both male and female changing rooms are on the right.
- Outdoor shoes should be removed in the changing rooms.
- Lockers are available, returnable £1 required.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of your classes to avoid congestion, & to allow yourselves time to get changed.
- There are separate male and female changing rooms, with toilets and showers.
- 1 Baby Changing unit is located within the Disabled changing room. This is accessed from the pool hall, next to the male changing room door.
- Please bring a changing mat for your little one (splashers & kickers) to use in the changing rooms
- Please supervise your children at all times whilst on the premises, so they do not go pool side by themselves or enter beauty treatment rooms.
- Please do not allow your children to climb on the changing room benches, in the lockers, enter the Solarium area nor play with the vending machines.
- The Leisure Club kindly request that all nappies (swimming and daily) are taken home for disposal.
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times around the pool area.
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- No eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained.
- Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
IMPORTANT - Please remember to shower (both parent and child) prior to entering the pool area and also look out for (and read) the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has the use of half the pool during hire times. The remainder of the pool is used by members/Spa customers only.
Access: Spectators may sit poolside. Please refrain from photography or videos to respect the privacy of the Club members.
- Pool temperature: 30°.
Customers are advised not to use the pool if they have the following contraindications (acute vomiting or diarrhoea/deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism/acute asthma/resting angina/shortness of breath at rest/uncontrolled cardiac failure/paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea/poorly controlled epilepsy/unstable diabetes/thyroid deficiency)
- Poolside assistant: No
- Depth: 1m to 2m (roped off at 1.4m)
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- 8 children:2 teachers (swim academy for the over 4's)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
The Leisure Club requests no eating or smoking on the club premises. However;
Coffee Lounge within the Club, Coffee/Hot Chocolate/Tea from a vending machine. £1 required.
Darwin Lounge is the hotels bar/lounge. This can be accessed from the Leisure Club, continue past the exit doors and through the white double doors in front of you. A beautiful large lounge/bar area, serving food and drink all day. They even have a children’s menu J !
Tesco Extra, Starbucks on Battlefield roundabout (& Subway in the Spar petrol station too).
Closest soft play