We can't wait to welcome you to Prestfelde School - in the meantime, here is some information we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastsic time!
From the A49 from Hadnall
- Head south on Shrewsbury Rd/A49 towards Chapel Rd
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A49
- At Preston Island, take the 2nd exit onto A5
- At Emstrey Island, take the 4th exit onto London Rd/A5064
- School will be on the right
From the A458 West
- Follow A458 and A5 to London Rd/A5064
- At Churncote Roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto A5
- At Woodcote Roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on A5
- At Edgebold Roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on A5
- At Bayston Hill Roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on A5
- At Emstrey Island, take the 2nd exit onto London Rd/A5064
From the A458 East
- Head north-west on A458 towards Lower Cross
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit
- Turn left onto Emstrey Bank/B4380
- At Emstrey Island, take the 3rd exit onto London Rd/A5064
Once you get to the school: please look out for our signs directing you to the pool. There is a black gate on the left hand side of the car park. Go through the gate and follow the path round to the pool entrance. There is space to leave your pushchairs outside on the left of the path close to pool entrance which is out of view of the car park but obviously you leave them there at your own risk - please do not block the entrance for safety reasons.
Parking: Parking is available in the school grounds or alongside the main road
- Please remove all shoes before entering the pool area
- Children are to remain supervised at all times
- Outdoor shoes should be removed in the changing rooms
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of your classes to avoid congestion, & to allow yourselves time to get changed
- Please bring a changing mat for your little one (splashers & kickers) to use in the changing rooms
- We and the school kindly request that all nappies (swimming and daily) are taken home for disposal.
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times around the pool area.
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- No eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained.
- Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
IMPORTANT - Please remember to shower (both parent and child) prior to entering the pool area and also look out for (and read) the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has the use of the whole pool during hire periods
Access: Spectators may sit poolside.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°.
Customers are advised not to use the pool if they have the following contraindications (acute vomiting or diarrhoea/deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism/acute asthma/resting angina/shortness of breath at rest/uncontrolled cardiac failure/paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea/poorly controlled epilepsy/unstable diabetes/thyroid deficiency)
- Poolside assistant: No
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- 8 children:2 teachers (swim academy for the over 4's)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Tesco Extra, Starbucks on Battlefield roundabout (& Subway in the Spar petrol station too).
Closest soft play