Baby & Pre-School lessons available
To book into these classes, click here!
All you need to know about St Christopher’s School, Wrexham: We welcome you to a lovely and warm hydrotherapy pool based in Wrexham that is ideal for our Baby and Pre-school swimming classes. We run our classes for babies and toddlers aged 0-4 years on Mondays at this pool. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at St Christopher’s School, Wrexham!
Location: Hydrotherapy Pool, St Christopher’s, Stockwell Grove, Wrexham, LL13 7BW
Parking & Directions:
- Parking is available outside the pool. Please use the Second Car Park (not the Main Car Park) as this is where the pool is located. If it is full, there is parking on the road and it is only a short walk to the Pool
- Car seats may be required to transfer your child from the car park to the pool (approx. 200 m).These should be left in the entrance hall on the bench and not in the changing rooms. Please do not bring Push Chairs. Thank you for your co-operation in advance.
Locating the pool once parked:
- Once you have entered the car park please look for the pool building which is the first pool on the left hand side as you face the school
- The pool entrance is to the right of the pool. Go in between the two buildings and you will find the entrance to the pool on the left hand side
- Please ring the bell for access to the pool if you can't get in
- Once you have entered the pool building there is a yellow bench in front of you for Car Seats to be left on. Please also remove your shoes here.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- No eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained.
- Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Please remove all shoes before entering the pool area
- There are two changing rooms (male and female) and a separate toilet. There are showers available too. Please bring a changing mat for your little one
- Please supervise your children at all times whilst on the premises, so they do not go pool side by themselves
- The School request that all nappies (swimming and daily) are taken home for disposal
- Please bring a towel poolside for your little one
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lessons
Access: Spectators may sit poolside but do bear in mind there is a limited amount of seating space
- Pool temperature: 33°C - the pool is a hydrotherapy pool. Due to the temperature please bring fluid to hydrate parent & child post lesson.
- Customers are advised not to use the pool if they have the following contraindications (acute vomiting or diarrhoea/deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism/acute asthma/resting angina/shortness of breath at rest/uncontrolled cardiac failure/paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea/poorly controlled epilepsy/unstable diabetes/thyroid deficiency).
- Poolside assistant: The school provide a poolside assistant at all classes.
- Depth: 0.9 – 1.2m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at St Christopher’s School, Wrexham!