All you need to know – Abbeyhill Primary School
Abbey Street, Edinburgh, EH7 5SJ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Abbeyhill Primary School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Abbeyhill Primary School
Parking: Please use the postcode EH8 8EF if arriving by car. This will take you around the back of the school, where we will access it at the weekend. Parking is available on the street.
From Abbeyhill, please access the school at the back, the gates will be left open to access the pool.
- If you are bringing a buggy, please leave it outside the main pool hall– it can’t be brought poolside.
- Please ensure that you take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to changing your baby at floor level, or use one of the ones provided by us.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are individual changing cubicles on poolside for us to use.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire
Spectators: Spectators are very welcome but there is limited space poolside.
Access: Please use the rear Abbey Hill entrance to the school, not the school main entrance on Abbey Street. From Abbey Hill, walk up the lane on the right of the school yard, turn right and enter via the
emergency doors on the left.
- Pool temperature: 30oC. For babies and children under 2 years old a baby warmer, wetsuit or thermal top may be required. These can be purchased from our online shop
- Poolside assistant: There is a poolside assistant at this pool to assist you.
- Depth: 1.0m sloping to 1.5m, the deeper area of the pool will be roped off during our hire times
- Maximum class ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
The Royal Mile
The Royal Mile has many places to eat but near the Abbeyhill end of the mile at 116-118 Canongate, is the local Starbucks which is always a good family option post swimming.
Meadowbank Retail Park
16 Earlston Pl, Edinburgh EH7 5SU
Including a TK Maxx, Poundland, Sainsbury’s and M&S Outlet.
Wonder World Soft Play
Wonder World is a custom built centre designed to stimulate children’s imagination and encourage physical development in a safe and fun environment. Facilities include; play frames, ball pools, a go kart track, an astro turf football pitch, a daring drop slide. There is also a separate baby and toddler zone with activities and equipment for little ones. Additional facilities include a café.
Palace Of Holyroodhouse
Holyrood Road Abbeyhill, Edinburgh EH8 8DX
0131 556 5100
Arthur's Seat is the main mountain in Edinburgh, Scotland which forms most of Holyrood Park, described by Robert Louis Stevenson as "a hill for magnitude, a mountain in virtue of its bold design". The hill rises above the city to a height of 250.5 m, provides excellent panoramic views of the city and beyond, is relatively easy to climb, and is popular for hill walking.