All you need to know – Damhead Pool
4 Damhead Holdings, Seafield Moor Road, Lothianburn, EH10 7DZ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Damhead Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: Free parking on site, please see parking plan and map supplied at time of booking It is essential that you follow these instructions for where to park in order to avoid blocking in any cars from earlier classes.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you
- It is a mandatory requirement that you shower before entering the pool
- No food or drink is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Access/Directions: From Edinburgh go past Hillend Ski Centre on the A702 take the second left off the main road signposted for Damhead. Drive straight on down this road going past Damhead Nursery on the left. The pool is just after the layby, before the Reduce speed sign on the right hand side of the road. The entrance is hidden but if you indicate after the layby you will be able to turn right into the driveway.
Once you have parked in either Area A or Area B (from your parking map) please proceed to the top of Area A and around the back of the pool hall along the decking. Once you reach the end of the pool building please enter the porch on the left hand side, the doors to the pool hall are located in the porch area.
Changing rooms: Shoes and socks must be removed and left in the entrance porch before entering the pool hall. There are individually curtained off changing cubicles inside the pool hall for you to use. Once you are changed please can you move your belongings to one side to allow space for the next class to change. There is also a travel cot which can be used by our customers. Under no circumstances can the pool loungers be used by Puddle Ducks customers. Please do not wring out used swim nappies down the floor drains. We recommend bringing a changing mat to change your baby at floor level.
Toilet: There is a unisex toilet which is situated outside of the pool hall. To access the toilet please go outside and turn right, the toilet is at the end of the pool building on right hand side.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during hire times.
Spectators: There is a small amount of space available poolside for spectators. Only one spectator per child is permitted at each class and if you are bringing a spectator along you must travel in the same car due to the parking restrictions
- Pool temperature: 31 -32°C. Nice and warm so no thermal clothing should be required
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this venue on a Sunday
- Depth: 1.0m sloping to 2.0m, the deep end of the pool is roped off during our hire times
- Maximum class ratios: 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest shops & cafés:
Straiton Retail Park is home to a number of high street shops and family friendly cafes! With family eateries such as Frankie & Benny’s and Nando’s for lunch to Costa for a post swim coffee and snack.
Pentland Plants Garden Centre. This garden centre has a family friendly cafe serving fresh, locally sourced, homemade food. Overlooking the Pentland hills it is a lovely post swim location.
Rosslyn Chapel. Less than a ten minutes drive from our pool at Damhead is beautiful Rosslyn Chapel. Founded in 1446, Rosslyn Chapel now attracts visitors from afar due to its ornate stonework and mysterious symbolism which have continually inspired and intrigued visitors. Since the late 1980s, the chapel has also featured in speculative theories concerning a connection with the Knights Templar and the Holy Grail, prominently featuring in Dan Brown’s 2003 bestselling novel, The Da Vinci Code and the 2006 film adaption.
Midlothian Snowsports Centre The Snowsports centre is under five minutes away from Damhead pool and has a wide range of activities for older children/siblings. The cafe is a great place to re-fuel and relax and with a balcony area the views across the main slope and nursery slope and fantastic.
Pentland Hills Regional Park The Pentlands Hills offer an opportunity to discover Lothian's fantastic landscape with many walk ways and attractions. The park is used for a variety of recreational activities including hill walking, mountain biking, horse riding and golf.