All you need to know – Sciennes Primary School
10 Sciennes Rd, Edinburgh EH9 1LG
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Sciennes Primary School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Sciennes Primary School
Parking: Sciennes Primary School is located on a fairly busy road, but there is metered parking available in the surrounding streets.
- To access the school, please ring the bell at the main entrance and the Janitor will let you in
- If you are bringing a buggy, please leave it outside the main pool hall– it can’t be brought poolside.
- Please ensure that you take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to changing your baby at floor level, or use one of the ones provided by us.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are large communal changing areas with direct access to the pool for both male and female carers
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire
Spectators: Spectators are very welcome but there is limited space poolside.
Access: Please use the main door to enter and exit the pool, this is at the front of the school on Sciennes Road, East side of the building.
- Pool temperature: 29 - 30oC. For babies and children under 2 years old a baby warmer, wetsuit or thermal layer may be required. These can be purchased from our online shop
- Depth: 0.85m sloping to 1.8m, the deeper area of the pool will be roped off during our hire times
- Maximum class ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
The Meadows Playpark has so much to do for children of all ages. Recently refurbished to a very high standard - there is everything from a flying fox, sand play, swings, slides, climbing frames....suitable for toddlers to teens. Also has Tennis Court, Cricket, Cafe Toilets, Picnic tables, Croquet and Designated barbeque areas.
27 Sciennes Road, Edinburgh, EH9 1NX
0131 667 0700
Local, family friendly deli, take out or sit in! In the spring and summer months it has lots of outside tables where you can enjoy a view across the Meadows and a short hop to the Playpark mentioned above.
26-27 Melville Terrace, Edinburgh, EH9 1LP
0131 667 1827
Arthur's Seat is the main mountain in Edinburgh, Scotland which forms most of Holyrood Park, described by Robert Louis Stevenson as "a hill for magnitude, a mountain in virtue of its bold design". The hill rises above the city to a height of 250.5 m, provides excellent panoramic views of the city and beyond, is relatively easy to climb, and is popular for hill walking.