All you need to know – DW Fitness Newport
28 East Retail Park, Docks Way, Newport NP20 2NN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at DW Fitness Newport – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: DW Fitness, Newport
Parking: Free parking, although please be aware that there is a four hour parking limit and if you exceed this you will receive a fine.
- Please go to Reception when you arrive and tick your name off the Puddle Ducks register. The Receptionist will then let you through the turnstile / barrier and into the club.
- You will need a pound coin for the locker which is returnable (or you could use a Puddle Ducks locker token!)
- You are very welcome to bring pushchairs and car seats into the club but please ensure you leave them in the designated area of the changing rooms (by the sun shower). Thank you.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. One of our great value starter packs has everything you need.
- You must not place nappies in any of the general waste bins. There is a nappy bin in the family changing area, please either put nappies in there, or take them home with you. We would recommend the NappyWrap and liner system to avoid having to take wet disposable swim nappies home.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- There is a travel cot in the Ladies changing room.
- Spectators are welcome at the pool but all children must be accompanied by a non-swimming adult. There is a television in the Reception area which shows what's happening in the pool. Blue overshoes (available in the changing rooms) or bare feet please. Please be sensitive to DW members at all times
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a roped off area of the pool; the rest of the pool is open to leisure club members.
Changing rooms: There are two large changing rooms (one for men and another for women) with showers and lockers. It can be chilly in the changing areas after your swimming lesson so we recommend you bring your child’s towel poolside so you can wrap them up after class. There is a family changing room accessible from both the male and female changing rooms with a travel cot.
Poolside Assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant.
- Pool temperature: 30°C.
- Depth: 1.2m
- Maximum class ratio: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher