Pyjama Week is just around the corner! Between 16th and 22nd October 2017 all of our swimmers (and their parents) will be wearing their pyjamas in the pool for two very important reasons:
- To learn invaluable personal survival skills
- To raise money for Molly Olly's Wishes
We will be doing all of this while also having fun!
What does our Pyjama Week teach?
If accidents happen, it's often while fully clothed. It's our duty to ensure that our swimmers know what it feels like to be in the water wearing clothes. Even just this short experience, helps then realise that even though they feel heavier, they can still do those all important reactions of kicking to the surface, turning and reaching for the side.
Molly Olly's Wishes
Once a year we raise money for a charity during Pyjama Week and this year our Puddle Ducks chose Molly Olly's Wishes.
Molly Olly's Wishes supports children with terminal or life threatening illnesses and their families to help with their emotional wellbeing. This wonderful charity helps to grant individual wishes and donate therapeutic toys and books to both children throughout the UK. Their crucial work helps both children and their families to have a weekend away and a break from hospital treatment.
This charity has been chosen as we know of an incredible little girl aged just 5 who has battled Leukaemia and has had amazing help from this charity. For more information about the wonderful work that Molly Olly's Wishes do, please visit www.mollyolly.co.uk
How do I donate?
At the pool
- £2 voluntary donation - we are asking for voluntary donation of £2 for each child to swim in their pyjamas
- Sponsorship - please do ask friends and family to sponsor your child for wearing their pyjamas in the pool and learning lifesaving skills. Download your sponsorship form here - Baby and Pre School or Swim Academy
- Raffle - there will be a raffle running all week with some fantastic prizes including an overnight stay with breakfast at a local hotel, the amazing Puddle Duck glove and many more! Tickets are 50p each or £1 per strip and available to buy in your child's class.
All proceeds raised will go to Molly Olly's Wishes
Via our Just Giving Page
You can donate via our Just Giving Page or send any sponsorship money collected here. Simply click 'Donate' and then enter your child's name so we know who's donated.