All you need to know – Queen Mary’s Grammar School
Sutton Road, Walsall, WS1 2PG
We can't wait to welcome you to our Puddle Ducks classes at Queen Mary’s Grammar School- in the meantime, here's some information that we hope you find useful.
Location: Queen Mary’s Grammar School - Sutton Road, Walsall, WS1 2PG
Parking: There is free parking in the top car park, please do not park in the Schools main entrance car park. From the top car park facing the road keep to the right and follow the path to the pool building entrance.
- Please note you will need an access code to get into the pool building. Please contact the office to receive this code in advance.
- Finding the changing rooms from the car park - From the top car park facing the road keep to the right and follow the path to the pool building entrance.
- Please note that we only hire the pool and therefore have no access to fields or school buildings.
- Siblings that aren’t swimming must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Travel Cots provided in Male and Female changing rooms.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: We have some lovely new changing rooms at Queen Mary’s Grammar School. Both the male and female changing rooms have showers, toilets and direct access to the poolside. There are some small lockers for essential items such as wallets and phones, these require £1 coin (refundable), please don’t bring valuables to class.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: Spectators are welcome in the pool hall but must remove shoes and remain in the spectator area at all times.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°C - A baby warm suit is recommended for younger babies under 12wks
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.1m sloping to 2m
Maximum Class Ratios:
8/9 Children/Adult pairs: 1 teacher - Baby and Pre-School classes
8 Children: 2 teachers - Swim Academy classes
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest play-park and Café
Lots to do here including a play-park, café, water play area and a lake to feed the ducks!
Closest Soft Play
The Midlands biggest most thrilling indoor fun centre for children, an indoor adventure wonderland where children can spend hours of adventure and exploration ....