All you need to know – Mizmerise Pool
175 Batley Road, Kirkhamgate, Wakefield WF2 0SP
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Mizmerise – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Mizmerise Pool
Parking: There is limited parking in the driveway. Once the driveway is full, please use road and street parking on Batley Road and on New Row which is across the road. Just please be considerate when parking.
- Please do not enter any other areas of the property, directions will be given
- Please access the pool via the small gate between the house and outbuilding. There will be a Puddle Ducks sign. Once inside, the pool is accessed through a therapy treatment room. Please remove your shoes here.
- Rebecca our poolside assistant will be here to greet you.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there is a shower in the changing room
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the grounds
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
You can buy one of our great value Starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
If your child is attending one of our Swim Academy classes please take a look at our Swim Accessories page where you can find our full range of goggles and swim hats.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: Changing is very limited with one changing room. The poolside assistant is there to assist you once your baby is changed. Because of the limited changing, it will be just for ladies to swim during our Baby & Pre-School classes, however Dad's are welcome to watch poolside. A poolside cot will be available for your convenience.
Please bring your own changing mat.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use at all times.
Access: Spectators can sit poolside, but please keep this to a minimum due to the noise level and space available.
- Pool temperature: 30-32°C
- Poolside assistant: We have a poolside assistant at all Baby and Pre-school classes.
- Depth: 0.91m in the shallow end. Slopes to a Deep end in the middle of the pool of 1.8m. This area will be roped off during our Baby & Pre-School classes.
- Maximum class ratios:
- 4 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 4 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest soft play
Other local attractions