All you need to know – Newhall Farm Private Pool
70 Wakefield Road, Grangemoor, Wakefield, WF4 4BG
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Newhall Farm – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Newhall Farm
Parking: Free parking at the end of the long driveway, in the first or additional car park near the cattle shed. Please park close together to ensure that everyone can get parked.
- Please do not enter any other areas of the farm, this is a working farm with lots of machinery, animals and traffic
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there is a shower in one of the changing rooms on poolside.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the grounds
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
You can buy one of our great value Starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
If your child is attending one of our Swim Academy classes please take a look at our Swim Accessories page where you can find our full range of goggles and swim hats.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are 4 cubicled changing rooms, which are large enough for more than one adult and child at a time with a bench for sitting on. There is also room for changing in the shower room on poolside.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use at all times.
Access: Spectators can sit poolside, but please keep this to a minimum due to the noise level and space available.
- Pool temperature: 30-32°C
- Poolside assistant: We have a poolside assistant at all Baby and Pre-school classes.
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
UK Farm Retailer of the Year 2014. Award-winning Farm Shop with Butchery, Bakery, Delicatessen, Wine Loft, Gift House and Café.
Closest soft play
Other local attractions
Charlotte’s Ice-Cream - come and enjoy our home made Jersey Ice Cream whilst taking in the stunning views over the Calder Valley.
Yorkshire Sculpture Park - the Yorkshire Sculpture Park is an open-air gallery in West Bretton near Wakefield in West Yorkshire, England, showing work by British and international artists, including Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth