All you need to know – St Wilfrid’s Catholic School
Cutsyke Road, Featherstone, West Yorkshire, WF7 6BD
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at St Wilfrid’s School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: St Wilfrid’s Catholic High School
Parking: There are two different entrances to the school, which are just a few yards away, please use the main entrance which has an automatic barrier on (which will be up). Once through the barrier, there is a car park straight in front of you, this can be used as an overflow car park if needed. Please take the left turn and park in the car park there, near the tennis courts on your left.
- Please do not come onto poolside sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid overcrowding and waiting too long on poolside, it gets very warm on there
- There is very limited space on poolside for spectating, but there is seating and windows to the pool in the dining room (on way to ladies changing room). There are hot and cold drink machines available too
- Do not allow children to run around in the school or it’s grounds. We are guests here and security are on site to keep an eye on things too
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the grounds
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
You can buy one of our great value Starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are separate male and female changing rooms which consist of large communal changing area's, showers and toilets. There are no lockers, but benches and pegs are there for storage. Changing mats are provided too for your convenience.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use at hire times.
Access: Spectating is possible but very limited. Please remain as quiet as possible on poolside so as not to disturb the class.
- Pool temperature: 30-32°C
- Poolside assistant: We have a poolside assistant at all Baby and Pre-school classes
- Depth: 0.9m slowly graduating to 1.65m at the deep end
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
XScape Yorkshire, Colorado Way, Glasshoughton, Castleford, WF10 4TA
There are lot’s of cafe’s and restaurant’s to choose from here.
Closest soft play
Xplore at Xscape
Other local attractions
Farmer Copley’s - Ravensknowle Farm, Pontefract Road, Purston, Pontefract, West Yorkshire WF7 5AF