All you need to know – Highdown School
Surley Row, Emmer Green, Reading RG4 8LR
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Highdown School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: There is a large free car park available outside the pool building.
- Please arrive in plenty of time to get changed, lessons will start promptly
- Don’t forget your Baby or Mini Wetsuit
- Please shower before entering the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: Large male and female changing rooms available. Lockers available. Showers are pool side There are large male and female changing rooms. Lockers are available. Also there are poolside shower facilities.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during lesson times.
Access: To gain entry to the pool building, you will need to turn into the main Highdown School entrance off Surley Row, then follow the drive straight down. The pool building is on the left hand side and all parking is to the right. Enter through the leisure centre, past reception and the pool and changing area is around to the right, down a long corridor. There are double changing rooms, you will need to go through the dry changing area into the poolside changing rooms.
- Pool temperature: 30-32°C. For babies under 12 months a Baby or Mini Wetsuit may be needed.
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant who will be available to answer any queries you may have.
- Depth: 1m graduating to 1.65m.
- Maximum class ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher.
Directions from central Reading:
- Head north along the B3345 (George Street) for 0.5 miles.
- Turn right into Westfield Road, which continues into Peppard Road (B481).
- After 2 miles, turn left into Evesham Road.
- Turn left again into Grove Road, which merges with Surley Row.
- If you need to contact us, here’s your local Puddle Ducks office details:
Helping you to make your special time last even longer….That’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference.
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Albert Road Playground (on junction with Richmond Road), Caversham RG4 7PR (Approx 5 mins drive from venue)
The Bite Sandwich and Coffee Bar, 6 Milestone Way Precinct, Emmer Green, Reading RG4 8XU (Approx 5 mins drive from venue)
Closest soft play:
CHF Kids, Archway Road, Caversham RG4 8AN (1.5 miles away from the pool)