All you need to know – Honey End Lane
57 Honey End Lane, Tilehurst, Reading RG30 4EL
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Honey End Lane pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: There is limited parking at Honey End Lane, but additional free parking can be found in a small car park at Cockney Hill. Further parking can be found at Asda at £1 per hour.
- Please arrive in plenty of time to get changed, lessons will start promptly
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There is a curtained off area for females and males have use of a small room.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during lesson times.
Access: Please enter through the garden side gate. Please leave carseats and buggies outside the building.
- Pool temperature: 32-34°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant who will be available to answer any queries you may have.
- Depth: 1.3m throughout the pool.
- Maximum class ratios: 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher.
- Follow B481 (Peppard Road) and A4155 to (A329) Caversham Road (for 1.3 miles)
- Continue on A339 to A4155 (Castle St). At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit for A329 (Caversham Road). Then take the A329 exit towards A4/Newbury
- Continue along the A4 (Bath Road) for 2 miles and then turn right into Honey End Lane. Number 57 will be on the left hand side
- Follow the M4 to A4 (Bath Road in Theale). Take exit 12 and follow A4 towards Theale/Reading W
- Follow A4 (Bath Road) towards Honey End Lane for 7 miles
- Turn left into Honey End Lane. Number 57 will be on the left hand side
Helping you to make your special time last even longer….That’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference.
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Prospect Park is Reading’s largest open space. It has a children’s play area and a sandpit on the opposite side to the venue. Approx 5 min walk
The Parkside Café, 34 Parkside Road, Reading RG30 2DD. Open Mon-Fri 9.00-16.00. Home cooked food, locally sourced where possible: sandwiches, baked potatoes, salads and healthy mains and delicious cake and fair trade coffee. Child friendly.
Closest soft play:
Krazy Playdays, Sterling Way, Norcot Industrial Estate, Reading RG30 6HW (Approx 5 min drive)
Other Local Attractions:
Beale Park, Reading RG8 9NW. Beale Wildlife Park and Gardens is situated by the River Thames, between the villages of Pangbourne and Lower Basildon in Berkshire. (Approx 15 min drive from the venue)