All you need to know – The Avenue Hydro Pool
The Avenue School, Conwy Close, Tilehurst, Reading, RG30 4BZ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The Avenue Hydro Pool– in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: There is limited parking at The Avenue, a car park is situated at the pool through the school barrier, please ring the bell on the gate to enter. Additional parking can be found along The Medway Road a short walk from the pool.
• Please arrive in plenty of time to get changed, lessons will start promptly
• A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: There is three changing cubicles.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during lesson times.
Access: Please enter through the school reception. Please leave car seats and buggies outside the building.
• Pool temperature: 34°C
• Depth: 1.2m throughout the pool.
• Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher.
• Follow M4 to Bath Rd/A4 in Theale. Take exit 12 from M4
• Continue on Bath Rd/A4. Take Langley Hill, Halls Rd and The Meadway to Conwy Cl in Reading
• Turn right on to Conwy Close and follow the road until you get to the school barrier/gate to the car park
Helping you to make your special time last even longer….That’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference.
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Prospect Park is Reading’s largest open space. It has a children’s play area and a sandpit on the opposite side to the venue. Approx 5 min drive
The Parkside Café, 34 Parkside Road, Reading RG30 2DD. Open Mon-Fri 9.00-16.00. Home cooked food, locally sourced where possible: sandwiches, baked potatoes, salads and healthy mains and delicious cake and fair trade coffee. Child friendly.
Closest soft play:
Krazy Playdays, Sterling Way, Norcot Industrial Estate, Reading RG30 6HW (Approx 5 min drive)
Other Local Attractions:
Beale Park, Reading RG8 9NW. Beale Wildlife Park and Gardens is situated by the River Thames, between the villages of Pangbourne and Lower Basildon in Berkshire. (Approx 15 min drive from the venue)