All you need to know – Ashdown Primary School
Herne Road, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6 2NT
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Ashdown Primary School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Ashdown Primary School
Parking: Free parking - on street for weekday lessons and using the school playground at weekends.
- The pool is situated to the right of the main school building as you approach from the front. Access is along the left hand side of the main school building and then along the path behind the school.
- You may bring pushchairs but there is no covered storage for them so please ensure you bring a rain cover if you bring a pushchair on wet days.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
Changing rooms: There are separate changing rooms for women and men with cot and benches for convenient baby changing. There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
Spectators: Spectators can sit poolside; access is via the changing rooms. Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 31-32°C. We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: 1 metre
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine